About The Alumni Association
The Santiago Canyon College Gemology Alumni Association is a non-profit public benefit corporation established with the objectives of
1. supporting the Gemology program at Santiago Canyon College, and
2. encouraging education in gemology.
Events and Activities
We have bi-monthly meetings, guest lecturers, and an annual field trip to a local mine. The Association also organizes special events such as a private tour of the gem and mineral collection at the Los Angeles Natural History Museum.
In addition to year-round events and activities, the Association supports the College by raising funds for:
- student lab equipment, such as microscopes, polariscopes, refractometers, spectroscopes, ultraviolet lights, etc.
- repairs of equipment
- purchasing gemstones and pearls when needed for lab class study and testing
- purchasing supplies for the lab
- other unfunded college needs.
Items purchased by SCCGAA are loaned to Santiago Canyon College for use in the Gemology classes.
Annual Fundraising Dinner
To meet our financial needs each year, we depend on the generosity of the Alumni and members of the jewelry and business community. Our annual fundraising event is our Alumni Dinner, a evening of good food, interesting conversation, and the opportunity to score some great deals via our silent auction.
To our Board of Directors, visit the Contact page.